[Rd] Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘utils

Laurent Gautier |g@ut|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 8 17:41:51 CEST 2019

Hi,

When starting an embedded R I encounter the following issue under certain
conditions:

```
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘utils’ in if (.identC(class1,
class2) || .identC(class2, "ANY")) TRUE else {:
 missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
```
(more such errors for grDevices, graphics, and stats)

And in the end:

```
Warning messages:
1: package ‘utils’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
2: package ‘grDevices’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
3: package ‘graphics’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
4: package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
```

While the embedded R appears functional, no package can be loaded.

The erorr message from R (`missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed`) suggests
that R should be able to catch the underlying issue (I am yet to find what
it is) earlier and with this make the task of troubleshooting easier.

Best,

Laurent