[Rd] head.matrix can return 1000s of columns -- limit to n or add new argument?

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 31 22:23:46 CET 2019

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:02 AM Pages, Herve <hpages using fredhutch.org> wrote:
> That would be awesome! More generally I wonder how feasible it would be
> to fix all these inheritance quirks where inherits(x, "something"),
> is(x, "something"), and is.something(x) disagree. They've been such a
> nuisance for so many years...

This matter was raised in March:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2019-March/077457.html

In principle, I agree.
However, I'm not sure it's possible without causing compatibility problems.
Not to mention all the disagreement about what's the correct approach.

And I should probably apologize for incorrectly suggesting that there
was a non-backward-compatible design flaw...