[Rd] set.seed() in a package

Marvin Wright cr@n @end|ng |rom wr|g@de
Wed Oct 30 08:28:19 CET 2019

Hi all,

I recently found several calls of set.seed() in a CRAN package. These calls are in a plot function, which could lead to unexpected behaviour. See https://github.com/sammo3182/interplot/issues/33 <https://github.com/sammo3182/interplot/issues/33> for a description of the problem.

I checked the CRAN repository policies and could not find anything about this. I would have expected a policy against setting fixed seeds somewhere in a package. Am I missing something?

Best,

Marvin