[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Fri Jun 28 12:44:45 CEST 2019

Spencer, on your point 3. below, we took a different path in migrating
several packages.

After we migrated to github as the new master copy, we made new commits
to the now orphaned R-Forge copies to include a new .onAttach function
as so:

.onAttach <- function(libname, pkgname) {
   repo <- "https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat  <https://github.com/braverock/quantstrat>"
   packageStartupMessage(
     "WARNING: this package was installed from R-Forge, but development has\n",
     "moved to GitHub. Please re-install the package using the GitHub repo at:\n",
     repo, ".")
}

And to update the README in the main pkg/ dir on R-Forge.

So all the old references in talks, papers, StackOverflow, whatever will
point to the R-Forge version, but the R-Forge version will point anyone
to github.

Regards,

Brian