[Rd] Could generic functions check different S3 methods for an object when one of them produces an error?

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Tue Jun 18 17:28:36 CEST 2019

Dear Iago,

The R S3 object system works as expected here, using the first available method processing the class vector from left to right. The problem is that the broom package doesn't export the confint.geeglm() method but rather reserves it for internal use. I can't think why the package authors chose to do that but you could ask them. The following therefore works (following on with your example):

> confint.geeglm <- broom:::confint.geeglm
> confint(geefit)
                    lwr         upr
(Intercept) 3607.595981 5204.790222
Frost         -2.723317    6.097207