[Rd] [R] Open a file which name contains a tilde

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 11 18:49:17 CEST 2019

Hi Frank,

I'm hesitant to be "that guy", but in case no one else has brought this up
to you, having files with a tilde in their names (generally but especially
on a linux system, where ~ in file names has a very important special
meaning in some cases, as we know) strikes me as an exceptionally bad
practice anyway. In light of that, the solution with the smallest amount of
pain for you is almost surely to just... not do that. Your filenames will
be better for it anyway.

There is a reason no one has complained about this before, and while I
haven't run a study or anything, I strongly suspect its that "everyone"
else is already on the "no tildes in filenames" bandwagon, so this
behavior, even if technically a bug, has no ability to cause them problems.

Best,
~G