[Rd] stopifnot

Mon Jun 3 18:14:15 CEST 2019

    > Here is a patch to function 'stopifnot' that adds 'evaluated' argument and makes 'exprs' argument in 'stopifnot' like 'exprs' argument in 'withAutoprint'.

    > --- stop.R	2019-05-30 14:01:15.282197286 +0000
    > +++ stop_new.R	2019-05-30 14:01:51.372187466 +0000

    [..........]

Thank you, Suharto.

I've looked at the patch and tested it a bit, and also (re)read
your April 15 remarks (cited below).  I now agree that my hacks to
enable dealing with "language objects" (typically class
'expression')  'exprs' has remained hackish and hence not
working in all cases,  and that it may be a better idea to add
a new logical argument (as in other functions) which has to be
"switched" and then leads somewhat simpler and more robust code.

OTOH, of course, this is an API change would typically not go into the R
3.6.x series ... and I have no idea if it would affect much more
than R's own tests/reg-tests-* ...

Even though the argument name 'evaluated' was chosen for
withAutoprint(), I don't find it a very good name anymore, and -
if the change should happen - would probably prefer something
like 'is.language' or 'expr.is.language' or similar..

Could we get any other readers' opinions ?

Martin