[Rd] GitHub passwords in .git/config?

Marcel Ramos M@rce|@R@mo@ @end|ng |rom ro@we||p@rk@org
Mon Jul 15 19:54:01 CEST 2019

Hi Spencer,

The first line in the `[remote "origin"]` section should read:

```

url = git using github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git<mailto:git using github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git>

```

Generally, I add these configs by doing a clone on the command line such as:

> git clone git using github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git<mailto:git using github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git>

so that I don't have to mess with the config file.

Best,

Marcel

On 7/15/19 1:48 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:
I'm diverging:  Now I get:

>>> git pull
ssh: Could not resolve hostname github.com:sbgraves237: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

and the repository exists.

      ** With .git/config as follows:

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
    ignorecase = true
    precomposeunicode = true
[remote "origin"]
    url = ssh://git@github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git<mailto:ssh://git@github.com:sbgraves237/Ecdat.git>
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master

      I have an SSH key on my GitHub account, which says it was "Added on Jul 3, 2019 Last used within the last 2 weeks — Read/write".

      Should I delete my current local copies and clone them fresh from GitHub?
      Spencer