[Rd] Format printing inside a matrix

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 8 05:03:52 CEST 2019

> This works fine but no longer work after we do some simple operations.
>   myArray[1:2, 1:2, 2]
>   #      [,1] [,2]
>   # [1,] ?    ?
>   # [2,] ?    ?

OK, that's a good point.
I didn't think of that.

Michael Lawrence was probably correct in his comment:

>However, as soon as you start
> treating these objects as data (like putting them into a matrix),
> you're likely going to want vectorized operations over them, which
> means formalized vector and matrix classes

I'm thinking that we need an array object designed for specifically for
other objects.
I think it would be good if it was part of the standard R distribution.
But that's not up to me.

Note that I'm planning to create an R package for matrix based and table
based objects, in the near future, possibly extending the Matrix package.
(So, likely to be in S4).

I will think about object arrays in R, some more.

Thank you for highlighting this issue.
Sorry, I can't offer an immediate solution.