[Rd] Bug in dt() function in stats - accuracy only 6 dp.

mark.chappell m@rk@ch@ppell @ending from zoho@com
Wed Jan 9 03:10:26 CET 2019

Hi

I believe the dt() function in stats has small areas of inaccuracy.

SmallRangeMostDetaileddf150.png shows this occurring in the 10-11th decimal place.

MyD4 is computed using Myt_NC(), at the bottom of BugL.R - my function is very slow due to using mpfr, but i believe

accurate to the accuracy of genhypergeo() which it uses - 14-15 dp.

LargeRangeDiffdf150.png, which is difference between dt() and my function, shows spikes across -1.5 < x < 1.5.

I assumed probably only a problem for large df, but SmallRangeCloseZerodf20.png, shows actually more of a problem with

df = 20.  Accuracy seems to be only to 6 decimal places.

Using R version 3.5.2.

Cheers

Mark