[Rd] pcre problems

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 25 09:39:41 CET 2019

On 2/25/19 6:25 AM, robin hankin wrote:
> Hi there, ubuntu 18.04.2, trying to compile R-devel  3.6.0,  svn 76155.
>
> I am having difficulty compiling R. I think I have pcre installed correctly:

You can use

apt-get build-dep r-base

to install binary Ubuntu packages needed to build R from source,
including PCRE, so there should be no need to compile PCRE from source.
If you need for some special reason to compile PCRE from source, please
see R Admin Manual, section A.1 on how to configure PCRE. The manual
also says how to set compilation flags for R to look for headers in
other directories. Sometimes it helps to search the config.log when
configure fails. If still in trouble, please report how you built PCRE
and how you told R where to find it, and the relevant part of
config.log, to maximize chances people could offer useful advice.

Best,
Tomas