[Rd] model.matrix.default() silently ignores bad contrasts.arg

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Fri Feb 22 18:40:15 CET 2019

Dear Martin and Ben,

I agree that a warning is a good idea (and perhaps that wasn't clear in my response to Ben's post).

Also, it would be nice to correct the omission in the help file, which as far as I could see doesn't mention that a contrast-generating function (as opposed to its quoted name) can be an element of the contrasts.arg list.

Best,
 John