[Rd] Underscores in package names

Stephen Ellison S@E|||@on @end|ng |rom LGCGroup@com
Mon Aug 12 12:59:25 CEST 2019

To throw a very small pennyworth into this debate, the metRology package I maintain uses mixed case to highlight R for that community when I'm talking about, or citing it. R takeup in that community is not yet high and the visible reminder  seems to help.

I'll obviously accept a consensus decision for some other case convention taken on sound technical grounds, but if this is essentially an aesthetic matter I'd prefer not to change it for someone else's idea of what looks pretty and what doesn’t.

Steve Ellison

This email and any attachments are confidential. Any use, copying or
disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If
immediately via +44(0)20 8943 7000 or notify postmaster using lgcgroup.com
and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network.
LGC Limited. Registered in England 2991879.
Registered office: Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY, UK