[Rd] Bug in the "reformulate" function in stats package

Saren Tasciyan @@ren@t@@c|y@n @end|ng |rom |@t@@c@@t
Thu Apr 18 22:21:37 CEST 2019

So here is it as txt file. It is funny that a R file is restricted in
R-devel mailing list.

Anyhow, in this case R-core have a few choices here:

  * ignore my solution
  * show that it is actually bad or worse
  * consider adding it

Considering, that it is a minor change from previous version and doesn't
bother the existing usage, I saw the necessity to submit it here. But
newer solution in the 3.6.0 may solve other problems too. I can't argue
against that. This solves my part of the problem, without affecting
existing usage of the function.

If R-core is hard to convince, because this is just who they are, then I
should consider moving to other platforms. But so far, it seems to me
that they are doing a great job. I don't mind also someone rejecting
this tiny fix I have found, which works for me now. I can only thank for
their time spent considering it.

Actually, I had in mind a more complex but cleaner solution with
recursive functions to implement any kind of reformulation (not only
with "+"). But I simple lack the big picture on R expressions, I need to
read more. Maybe I will come back with that in the future.

Cheers to all,

Saren

--
Saren Tasciyan