[Rd] subscripting a terms object

Fri Apr 5 09:46:27 CEST 2019

Dear Terry,

    > Someone sent me a bug report for survival2.44.1-1 that involves a model with both cluster
    > and offset.  It turns out to be a 3 part issue with [.terms and my own untangle.specials
    > routine.   I've spent an evening sorting out the details.

    >   1. The delete.response() function doesn't remove the response from the dataClasses
    > attribute, which leads to a later failure in [.terms for no-response models.  Is there a
    > reason for this, or can I make my patch include this oversight as well?

    >  2. [.terms messes up predvars and dataClasses if the model has an offset term in it.
    > (In select cases 1 and 2 can cancel out and give the correct dataClasses attribute.)

The above two seem interesting and relevant to R itself.
As we've recently just fixed a buglet in  reformulate() --
probably unrelated to your problem --  I'd really be interested to see a
repr.ex. (reproducible example) for the above two statements.

... and if you want also a proposal on how to address the
problem in  delete.response()  and/or  `[.terms`()

Martin