[Rd] Stability and reliability of R (comment on Re: as.vector() broken on a matrix or array of type "list")

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @ending from llnl@gov
Wed Sep 26 17:32:07 CEST 2018

With regard to Martin's  comment about the strength of (base) R:

I have R code I wrote 15+ years ago that has been used regularly ever since with only a few minor changes needed due to changes in R. Within that code, I find particularly impressive for its stability a simple custom GUI that uses the tcltk package that has needed no updates whatsoever in all that time.

Such stability and reliability have been extremely valuable to me.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory