[Rd] Bug report: problems with saving plots on a Windows PC with 4k monitor - wrong picture size

Yu Lee medved7 @ending from live@ru
Mon Sep 3 05:39:53 CEST 2018

Steps to reproduce the problem:

win.metafile("myplot.wmf",height=3,width=5)
plot(1:9)
dev.off()

Details:
When I try to save plots as WMF or EMF pictures specifying small picture size, e.g.., 3x5 inches, I get a wrong size of the WMF/EMF picture. The plot itself resides in the left upper corner of the picture.
I use a 4k monitor, there are no problems with 1920x1080 monitors.

One must turn off "display scaling for higher DPI settings" for RGui to make it work correctly:

"Right-click the R shortcut on your desktop, then select Properties from the menu.
Once the Properties window is up, go to the Compatibility tab.
You will see a 'Disable display scaling on high DPI' option.
"

That works for 32-bit RGui version only, since 64-bit RGui is considered as a native application.