[Rd] Rd2pdf ignores tabs but not trailing spaces

Abs Spurdle @purdle@@ @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Nov 22 05:08:10 CET 2018

hi all

R CMD Rd2pdf ignores tabs in the usage section.
However, I just discovered that it doesn't ignore trailing spaces (before
lines).
I'm assuming that the same thing happens when the online man pages are
produced.
I didn't check what happens in the examples section.

I think it would be better if tabs were recognized.
However, if not, then I think that R CMD check should generate a note or a
warning if tabs are ignored, encouraging package maintainers to use spaces.

Otherwise, the formatting of the man pages is incorrect.
I've made this mistake which is currently easy to do.

kind regards
Abs