[Rd] Debugging "SETLENGTH() cannot be applied to an ALTVEC object."?

Gabe Becker becker.gabe at gene.com
Fri May 4 22:46:33 CEST 2018

Tal,

I don't have a debian machine at my fingertips, but I don't see that error
when installing heatmaply into a clean library in R 3.5.0 (that takes a
while...).

I suspect you're hitting old installed versions of packages in that build
on that machine, especially since the failure is not universal, but I don't
have any visibliity into the internals of that system so I have no way of
knowing if that's true or not.

You can use Gabor's builder.r-hub.io to try checking your package on the
Debian VMs over there. If it can pass there that would be more evidence
that something more complicated is going on.

Sorry I couldn't be more direct help.
~G