[Rd] R Lapack – why a subset?

Juan Telleria Ruiz de Aguirre jtelleria.rproject at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:40:36 CEST 2018

> Is the cost really so high as to preclude adding the remaining Lapack routines to Rlapack?

Updating Lapack Libraries shall not break compatibility, and rather
provide bug fixes I guess.

> the reason is that there would be a significant extra maintenance burden consisting of things that is not being used by R itself.

I agree with Keith O'Hara when she says that *"R is often used as a
front-end for libraries that do, so Rlapack-related linking errors are
arising more and more"*.

Maybe we could propose R-Core some SVN patches by ourselves for
R-alpha that update LAPLACK libraries and see how it looks like... :S

> http://www.netlib.org/lapack/archives/

> https://github.com/wch/r-source/tree/trunk/src/modules/lapack

And in SVN: