[Rd] parallel:::newPSOCKnode(): background worker fails immediately if socket on master is not set up in time (BUG?)

luke-tierney at uiowa.edu luke-tierney at uiowa.edu
Fri Mar 9 13:37:01 CET 2018

I'm happy to look at a patch that does this.  I'd start with a small
interval and increase it by 50%, say, on each try wit a max retry time
limit. This isn't eliminating the problem,only reducing the
probability, but still worth it. I had considered doing something like
this but it didn't seem necessary at the time. You don't want to retry
indefinitely since the connection could be failing because the master
died, and then you want the workers to die as well.

Best,

luke