[Rd] Makevars CXX_STD variable ignored when no *.cpp files in src/

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Fri Mar 2 18:02:48 CET 2018

Radoslaw sent me a reproducible example. I have been able to identify
the problem and fix it. I have copied in Alexander Loboda who
previously reported the same problem.

Briefly, the tools package relied on the presence of files with
extension .cpp or .cc in the src directory to determine whether the C++
compiler is required. In the absence of any such files, the code to set
the C++ compiler flags correctly was never run.

Martyn