[Rd] list of methods

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therne@u @ending from m@yo@edu
Tue Jun 26 20:24:27 CEST 2018

I recently got a request to add head() and tail() methods for Surv objects, which is quite
reasonable, but not unlike other requests for logLik,  vcov, extractAIC, ...   What they
all have in common is that are methods added since creation of the survival package, and
that I didn't know they existed.

To try and get ahead of the curve, is there a way to list names of all of the default
methods?   There are functions to get all the instances of a method by name, e.g.
methods("extractAIC") or find all the methods already implemented for a class, but I don't
see something give me a list of the ones that I haven't created yet.

Terry T.