[Rd] Library lib.loc Option Ignored for Dependencies

Benjamin Tyner btyner @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jul 25 13:37:03 CEST 2018

On 07/25/2018 04:28 AM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Not sure if this is a bug: where is it documented that this works not
> as above (which is what I would expect)?
The documentation doesn't say one way or the other. But the fact remains
that base:::.getRequiredPackages2, when provided a non-null lib.loc,
uses that lib.loc when checking versions of dependencies. So (to me) it
seems a little incongruous that base:::.getRequiredPackages2 offers this
functionality but library() doesn't take advantage of it. Moreover, it
is already passing the 'quietly' argument...

> For development puposes, you may want to try some devekopment version
> of one package agaiunst release versions of the others.
Agreed, in which case I would explicitly load the dependency first
specifying a custom lib.loc.