[Rd] Parametrized Vignettest in R packages

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 9 19:57:53 CEST 2018

On 09/07/2018 12:24 PM, Yihui Xie wrote:
> So far you haven't provided a reproducible example yet. I wonder what
> exactly the object `sample_analysis` is. Sounds like it is an
> environment. If that is the case, devtools::build_vignettes() will
> tangle (for the meaning of "tangle", see ?tools::buildVignette) your
> vignette into an invalid R script. Environments cannot be represented
> via dput(), so knitr's purl() (eventually called by the vignette
> engine) cannot really create a valid R script when your vignette
> contains `params` that uses environment values. Most other types of
> values should be fine.

One possibility is to delay evaluation of the parameter.  For example
putting

params:
   configuration:  !r quote(get(data(sample_analysis)))

in the YAML will set configuration to the expression needed to get the
environment;

     eval(params$configuration)

gives you the environment itself.

Duncan Murdoch