[Rd] Searching R Packages

Mark van der Loo mark.vanderloo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:02:17 CET 2018

Dear Spencer,

Nice initiative!

I discover a lot of packages not by explicit search, but by running into
them. I find cranberries really helpful there, especially the twitter feed
(@CRANberries) and also r-bloggers, especially through Joseph Rickert's
monthly roundup of new packages. And then of course there is the R journal
and JSS, but those speak for themselves.

So maybe a 'keeping up to date' section would be nice in the article?

Best,
Mark