[Rd] R-devel Digest, Vol 179, Issue 7

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 16:07:07 CET 2018

On 11/01/2018 7:17 AM, Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. wrote:
> This is not nice.  I have easy access to the "institutional" version of R on the
> department servers, which do not track R-release all that fast (3-12 month delay, affects
> 300+ users, and at the back end of a formalized IT process), and a personal machine on
> which I track R-devel, the latter at the behest of CRAN.  Now you are asking that I track
> yet another R version just for the sake of the R CMD BUILD script?   There are other ways
> to test the new serialization code than this single file in the tarball.

I'm not asking for anything.  I'm guessing at an explanation for what
CRAN is asking.  I'm not part of CRAN or R Core.

But it seems like 2 versions should be sufficient:  build on the
institutional version, test on your personal machine (or on one of the
test services like WinBuilder, R-forge, R-hub, etc.).

Duncan Murdoch