[Rd] Best practices in developing package: From a single file

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:23:36 CET 2018

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 6:20 PM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Or perhaps you could imagine two help systems, akin to --help and man for
> command line tools, one of which is minimalist showing usage, etc,
> generated by roxygen comments, and one of which is much more extensive, and
> not tied to (what could be extremely large) comments in the same .R file as
> the code.

That sounds like basic help files and a few vignettes. I would argue we
have the tools to do this if necessary. One can even create topics in the
help file system (by using either Rd manually or through roxygen) that
aren't necessarily tied to a function. And each time I come to the same
conclusion: we have multiple tools to do this. We just need package
developers to care enough to do it.

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Ghent University
Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Coupure+links+653,%C2%A0B-9000+Gent,%C2%A0Belgium&entry=gmail&source=g>

Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/