[Rd] data.table not available as win binary for R 3.5 yet?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:31:32 CEST 2018

 Dear all,

to my astonishment data.table cannot be installed on R 3.5 Windows. When
checking the package page, the Windows binary is available for download.
When checking the server however, I can't seem to find data.table. Also
install.packages() says the package is only available in source form and
may need compilation.

Compiling using Rtools 35 is no problem.

Is this merely an issue of CRAN still moving packages around and should I
have a bit more patience, or is there another reason why data.table
currently isn't installable using install.packages() as a binary on Windows?

PS: I obviously set my repos to the official CRAN server to rule out sync
issues between mirrors.

Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Ghent University
Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Coupure+links+653,%C2%A0B-9000+Gent,%C2%A0Belgium&entry=gmail&source=g>

Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/