[Rd] Part of fastpass in 'sort.list' can make sorting unstable

Gabe Becker becker.gabe at gene.com
Sat Apr 7 00:43:57 CEST 2018

Thanks for catching this. This is easy to take out without touching the
rest of the machinery. It also wouldn't be too hard to write a
still-faster-but-not-quite-as-much-path which correctly reverses the
sortedness of a sorted vector that includes ties. My suspicion, without
being the one who will ultimately make that decision, is that that wouldn't
go into 3.5.0 though.

Best,
~G