[Rd] Duncan's retirement: who's taking over Rtools?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:27:46 CEST 2017

Dear dev team,

I was sorry to see the announcement of Duncan about his retirement from
maintaining the R Windows build and Rtools. Duncan, thank you incredibly
much for your 15 years of devotion and your impressive contribution to the
R community as a whole.

Thinking about the future, I wondered whether there were plans for the
succession of Duncan. Is it the intention to continue providing Rtools and
a Windows build, or are these tasks left open for anyone (possibly
Microsoft itself) to take them over? And if so, how will the decision be
made on that?

Cheers
Joris
--
-----------

Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be