[Rd] y label for X11 graphics (solved)

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:00:11 CEST 2017

Family matters have kept me away, I'm finally coming back to this thread.

In summary, this is an issue with a particular workstation, not with R.  Graphics with
X11(type="Xlib") have a y label problem when displayed on this particular box, whether
using R locally or from a server via ssh -X.  The same server's output is fine on another
machine in the department.

I remain mildly curious as to why, but not enough to dig in since X11(type='cairo')
displays without issue.  I first noticed this in R-devel which prompted my "bug report".
Sorry for the noise and thanks for the responses which pointed me in the right direction.

Terry T.