[Rd] side-effect of calling functions via `::`

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Sep 1 16:27:00 CEST 2017

If that is true and a good general guide, is it worth adding something to that effect to 1.5.2 of "Writing R extensions"?
At present, nothing in 1.5.2 requires or recommends that a package using S3method owns either class or generic.

S Ellison