[Rd] Discourage the weights= option of lm with summarized data

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:22:46 CEST 2017

AFAIR, it is a little more subtle than that.

If you have replication weights, then the estimates are right, it is "just" that the SE from summary.lm() are wrong. Somehow, the text should reflect this.

It is of some importance when you put glm() into the mix, because you can in fact get correct results from things like

y <- c(0,1)
w <- c(49,51)
glm(y~1, weights=w, family=binomial)

-pd