[Rd] binary form of is() contradicts its unary form

Iñaki Úcar i.ucar86 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:30:41 CET 2017

> On 30 Nov 2017 14:32, "Iñaki Úcar" <i.ucar86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Am I supposed to read every reference on a man page just to know what
>>> to expect from a function?
>>>

>> If the reference is from John Chamber, you are supposed to read it.
>
> As a joke, it's funny.
>

> Not a joke. John Chambers is the authority in R object systems. Please do
> not mock him or resources pointing to his works.

I perfectly know John Chambers' work, thank you, and there was no
mockery towards him.

If you really believe that references should be needed to know what to
expect from a function call, then we work with different definitions
of "manual". But judging from the excellent R documentation, I would
say that the R maintainers don't share your view.

Iñaki