[Rd] What to do re 'replacing previous import' errors

Ronald Barry rpbarry at alaska.edu
Sat May 20 11:14:20 CEST 2017

After looking at a few discussions of this problem online, I can't seem to
find a good solution.  When running a CHECK on a package I'm working on
(which passed all tests a few years ago), I get the following 'significant
warning':

Warning: replacing previous import ‘spam::tail’ by ‘utils::tail’ when
  Warning: replacing previous import ‘spam::head’ by ‘utils::head’ when

Humorously enough, I don't use the 'tail' function anywhere.  It seems to
be some sort of namespace clash between spam and utils.  In my namespace,
I'm importing spam and utils.  Is there a fix for this problem?  Thanks.