[Rd] SUGGESTION: R Base Packages

TELLERIA RUIZ DE AGUIRRE, JUAN JTELLERIA at external.gamesacorp.com
Wed May 17 09:50:23 CEST 2017

Dear R Developers,

I am writing for doing the following suggestions:

*         Bugs:

o   Add in Bugzilla an Area in order to request membership for bug reporting, which shall itself include another area to introduce a little dissertation for justifying "Why someone would like to be a member of Bugzilla" for being able to report proper bugs, and avoid spam.

o   Now, new R serious members cannot report properly bugs.

*         That, in the R Base distribution, the following packages are included as default (pre-installed):

o   ggplot2.

o   dplyr.

o   tidyr.

As in 2017, these are essential, in my opinion, in R programming.

*         And that, as regards R Project:

o   Improve the CRAN & R Project web pages, giving them a more modern look and feel (Such as the Python.org webpage), in order to "sell" better R to the everybody.

o   Improve the basic GUI distributed with R, with some of the core features of RStudio Desktop (GPL). Or even make RStudio Desktop to replace the R default GUI, with another name, in its executable version.

o   Enable a Suggestion web page / forum in the R Project webpage in order to boost core R Open Innovation.

Thank you all.