[Rd] xrealloc namespace conflict

Patrick Perry pperry at stern.nyu.edu
Fri May 12 15:50:23 CEST 2017

Thanks for the response. It looks like there is a dlopen flag that will
fix the issue on Linux (RTLD_DEEPBIND); on Mac OS, symbols get resolved
by searching in the library first, so the flag isn't needed. I don't
know what the default behavior is on other platforms. See, e.g.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/ensuring-shared-library-uses-intel-math-functions
.

The use of RTLD_DEEPBIND is not portable, and "should only be used as a
last resort" according to Ulrich Drepper:
https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/m/a/1/e/dsohowto.pdf .

I'll probably end up prefixing all of my functions with "corpus_" to
avoid future namespace clashers.

Patrick