[Rd] registering Fortran routines in R packages

Christophe Dutang dutangc at gmail.com
Wed May 10 08:08:24 CEST 2017

Thanks for your email.

I try to change the name in lowercase but it conflicts with a C implementation also named halton. So I rename the C function halton2() and sobol2() while the Fortran function are HALTON() and SOBOL() (I also try lower case in the Fortran code). Unfortunately, it does not help since I get

init.c:97:25: error: use of undeclared identifier 'halton_'; did you mean 'halton2'?
  {"halton", (DL_FUNC) &F77_SUB(halton),  7},

My current solution is to comment FortEntries array and use R_useDynamicSymbols(dll, TRUE) for a dynamic search of Fortran routines.

Regards, Christophe
Christophe Dutang
LMM, UdM, Le Mans, France
web: http://dutangc.free.fr <http://dutangc.free.fr/>