[Rd] R fails to read repo index on NGINX

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 27 20:33:39 CEST 2017

On 27 March 2017 at 18:27, Roman, John wrote:
| Thank you for your elaboration.  This issue is related to curl trusting a CA cert as its called by R.
| curl called from bash recognizes the system cert bundle for CA's, curl called from R does not.
|
| may I know how to trust the system certificate bundle from within R?

See 'help(download.file)' -- it's a little hidden but you can just make the
external curl (which, as you say, works in your particular circumstances) the
default for remote file access from R too.

Next time please try to be a little more specific with your questions and
their subject line.  Methinks nothing here has anything to do with the httpd
server you employ.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org