[Rd] Possible issue with R-tools on Windows

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Sat Mar 11 18:17:15 CET 2017

This is a bit of a cross-post but I've encountered what appears to be a
parsing error with RTools on Windows in a couple of different contexts
on Widows when R is installed on a secondary drive to avoid using
precious space on my c:/ solid state drive.

This type of apparent parsing error has has occurred several times
previously when install source code from GitHub, and most recently when
installing Bioconductor code.  It occurred that this list might have
input directed at RTools on Windows, if this is indeed my problem

Here's the full example of my most recent encounter posted to
bioconductor: https://support.bioconductor.org/p/93731/

In brief the parsing seems to break in the space in the path name:

The downloaded source packages are in
     ‘C:\Users\Rob Baer\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpagJM0a\downloaded_packages’
Warning messages:
1: running command '"E:/Program Files/R/R-3.3.3/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL
-l "C:\Users\Rob Baer\R\win-library\3.3"
C:\Users\ROBBAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpagJM0a/downloaded_packages/GO.db_3.4.0.tar.gz'
had status 1
2: In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l, repos = repos,  :
   installation of package ‘GO.db’ had non-zero exit status

Is there something going on with my RTools installation I should
upgrade?  My apologies if this is too off-topic for this list.