[Rd] can we override "if" in R?

Da Zheng zhengda1936 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 21:36:28 CET 2017

In my case, I create a new type of matrices and override matrix
operations in R for these matrices.
My goal is to make the system as transparent as possible, which means
my system should execute the existing R code without modification.
The problem is that when data is in my own vectors or matrices, "if"
or "while" can't access their values unless we explicitly convert them
into R objects. But this means users need to modify the existing code.
So I hope I can override "if", "while", etc to access data in my own
vectors and matrices directly.
Does this sound reasonable?

Best,
Da