[Rd] spurious warning in ave()

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Jun 14 17:27:39 CEST 2017

You can avoid the warnings and the unneeded calls to FUN by adding
drop=TRUE to the call to ave(), since all of its ... arguments are passed
to interaction (I think).

In TERR we dealt with this problem by adding drop=TRUE to ave's
argument list and we pass ... and drop=drop to interaction.  I'm not sure
drop=FALSE is ever desirable.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com