[Rd] Creating a private CRAN with webpages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 9 16:47:31 CEST 2017

On 09/06/2017 07:44, Joshua Bradley wrote:
> I'm not trying to create a mirror of the CRAN. I also do not want to create
> a "subset" of CRAN packages. Sorry if my explanation was confusing. There
> are internal proprietary R packages that I would like to host on a private
> repo. I like the CRAN web pages that allow a user to browse the various
> packages from a browser without having to first install them. I want to
> duplicate the process that CRAN goes through when it generate the webpages.

But for a repository of your own packages, not CRAN's packages?
Everyone who has replied so far seems to have assumed the latter ....

The scripts CRAN uses to make its 'web' area are not public.  If you can
formulate a crystal-clear message, you could ask them for a copy.

> Josh Bradley
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please do follow the posting guide: CRAN too does not appreciate HTML mail.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk