[Rd] Philosophy behind converting Fortran to C for use in R

Martyn Byng martyn.byng at nag.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 09:07:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

Just a quick comment on (1).

The C-Fortran interface has been standardized since Fortran 2003.  However, it does require the Fortran interface that is being called from C  to have been written with C operability in mind as specific C interoperable types etc. must be used.

Trying to call a Fortran interface that hasn't been written using C interoperable types still suffers from the issues that Bill describes.

Martyn