[Rd] Proposed Patch for poly.Rd

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 22:22:35 CEST 2017

On 13/07/2017 4:08 PM, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As per the discussion today on R-Help:
>
>   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2017-July/448132.html
>
> I am attaching a proposed patch for poly.Rd to provide clarifying wording relative to naming the 'degree' argument explicitly, in the case where the 'x' argument is a matrix, rather than a vector.
>
> This is based upon the svn trunk version of poly.Rd.

I don't think this is the right fix.  The use of the unnamed 2nd arg as
degree happens whether the first arg is a matrix or not.

I didn't read the whole thread in detail, but it appears there's a bug
somewhere, in the report or in the poly() code or in the plsr() code.
That bug should be reported on the bug list if it turns out to be in
base R, and to the package maintainer if it is in plsr().

Duncan Murdoch