[Rd] Unexpected EOF in R-patched_2017-01-30

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:07:20 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:30 PM, peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 31 Jan 2017, at 18:56 , Avraham Adler <avraham.adler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>> When trying to unpack today's version of R-patched,
>
> From which source? The files from cran.r-project.org seems OK, both those in src/base-prerelease and those from ETHZ. Also, is it not "tar -xfz" when reading a compressed file?
>
> -pd

>From <https://stat.ethz.ch/R/daily/>

Also, while passing z is not in the instructions given in Installation
and Administration [1], I tried passing -xzf and it did not work. I
believe f has to be last if the file name follows immediately.

[1]  <https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Getting-the-source-files>

Thanks,

Avi