[Rd] cross-platform portable code in CRAN Repository Policy

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 27 23:17:07 CET 2017

On 27 January 2017 at 21:54, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
| On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Da Zheng <zhengda1936 at gmail.com> wrote:
| > What major R platforms does this policy refer to?
| >

| Linux, macOS, Windows.
|

| > Currently, my package runs in Ubuntu. If it works on both Ubuntu and
| > Redhat, does it count as two platforms?
| >

| I think that Linux is just one. Is it hard to make it work on macOS?
|
| I am not saying that if it is Linux-only then it definitely cannot make it
| to CRAN.
| A CRAN maintainer will decide that.

Gabor is *way* too modest here to not mention the *fabulous* tool he has
written (with the [financial] support of the R Consortium):  R Hub.

These days I just do    'rhub::check_for_cran()'   and four tests launch
covering the three required OSs as well as the required r-devel and r-release
versions.  Results tickle in within minutes by mail; the windows one (which
is slowest) is also display.  You need a one-time token handshake.

I strongly recommend the service.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org