[Rd] [R] Problems when trying to install and load package "rzmq"

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:53:22 CET 2017

Hi, Paul.

I maintian the rzmq project.

love to get it running on windows, but zmq doesn't play nicely with R's
mingw.

These guys have taken the approach of building the entire zmq library
inside the R package:
https://github.com/snoweye/pbdZMQ

I suggest you give it a try. or if you want to attempt to compile libzmq
sources for windows w/ R's mingw, that would be welcome.

-Whit