[Rd] Registration of native routines

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:10:05 CET 2017

I believe Dr. Ripley said that the UseDynLib doesn't address the
middle two points of the list.

I experimented with the Delaporte package timing calls using both
methods, and they were within 1~2 microseconds of each other using
microbenchmark. Since the more complicated way is now expressly
preferred, it isn't a big deal for me personally to change so the next
version of Delaporte will use CallMethod/useDynLib(foo,
.registration=TRUE) etc. I can see how in more complicated packages
that could become more burdensome.

Thanks,

Avi